The League of Pipers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The League of Pipers

All about Pipes, Tobacco, Places to buy

You are not connected. Please login or register

Open tin count down - Spring selections

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Open tin count down - Spring selections Empty Open tin count down - Spring selections Sat May 04, 2019 6:16 am

10Furlongs

10Furlongs

Approximately five years ago I probably had close to 100 open tins. It took almost two years to make that situation manageable and another two before things were really under control. I normally keep it down to less than a dozen now excluding bulk. I've selected four tins from the cellar to crack next week:

2012 McCranie's Red Flake from the 2008 cut.
2013 McClelland Beacon
2013 McClelland Stave Aged Virginia 35 Ribbon
2006 Blakeney's Best Bayou Slice

Mix those in the rotation with the few tins currently open, some bulk, burley and a little Lat once in a while and I should make it to Labor Day, or that's the plan anyway. Wink

Chico

Chico

That is one classy selection! Have heard nothing but great things about the 35, and seem to remember reading that it was Mike McNeil's own favorite.

I like the "excluding bulk" angle. I've been trying to smoke up what seems to be an endless number of bulk samples I've bought over the past few years, and little bonuses received in trades. I haven't been opening tin because of it, but now I have a genuine clause. Very Happy

ColonelBusch

ColonelBusch
Admin

I need to do what Mark has done. Working on it

10Furlongs

10Furlongs

I have enough aged bulk McClelland #2015, Sam Gawith Best Brown Flake and tinned Solani Aged Burley Flake to keep me interested between these offerings.

I'm not going to be hurting.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum