The League of Pipers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The League of Pipers

All about Pipes, Tobacco, Places to buy

You are not connected. Please login or register

P&C and SP take pages from each other

+3
Ronv69
PhantomWolf
ColonelBusch
7 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1P&C and SP take pages from each other Empty P&C and SP take pages from each other Sat Jun 15, 2019 5:00 pm

ColonelBusch

ColonelBusch
Admin

I get a kick out of being chastised in two forums for how I criticize packaging. Been accused of being on a vendetta. Honestly, it's just what is going on. Seasons change and so did I. You need not wonder why-eye.

I decided to order from P&C a few weeks ago. 8$ a pound for tobacco could not be beat. Package came in perfect shape, and instead of a lot of empty space, causing damage, P&C discovered air pillows!!

I ordered three tins of SG tobacco from SP this week. All three tins stacked together with nothing in between them in the corner a a box that was 5x the required space. It was filled with paper, but the tins did do damage to each other, one to the point I will need to jar quickly.

So did I just decide to refocus a vendetta? Do I now have vendettae? Am I Just being pissy?

Cramptholomew

Cramptholomew

SP has been SLACKING on sales lately. Actually, everywhere has. I remember last year there were SEVERAL times there were 25% off bulk blends of different brands. I haven't had a packaging problem, but I haven't ordered much lately. Neither P&C or SP have ever sent me poorly packaged items. I do wonder why the deals have been crap lately. Especially for Father's Day. I realize this is a horribly written paragraph, but so be it. I don't think a foot ball is a very good Christmas present.

Dramatwist

Dramatwist

F*** it. If it works, it works... people can and do improve.

ColonelBusch

ColonelBusch
Admin

Reticulan Syntax. I get it

PhantomWolf

PhantomWolf

Never had a problem with either until a semi-recent SP order that was chewed up by a sorting machine. In the end, that resulted in three free tins of Solani VA flake, so I can't complain. Smile

PhantomWolf

PhantomWolf

Cramptholomew wrote:
"SP has been SLACKING on sales lately. Actually, everywhere has. I remember last year there were SEVERAL times there were 25% off bulk blends of different brands."

"I don't think a foot ball is a very good Christmas present."

I have noticed this as well.

And hahaha

Ronv69

Ronv69

There was a huge loss of the tobacco crops last year in the US if you recall, and I have heard that it is happening all over the world. Fact is that there's much less tobacco available than anytime in the last 300 years. When was the last time gold bars were 25% off?

Dramatwist

Dramatwist

Ronv69 wrote:There was a huge loss of the tobacco crops last year in the US if you recall, and I have heard that it is happening all over the world. Fact is that there's much less tobacco available than anytime in the last 300 years. When was the last time gold bars were 25% off?

...good point, pal...

9P&C and SP take pages from each other Empty Re: P&C and SP take pages from each other Fri Jul 05, 2019 11:39 pm

Cramptholomew

Cramptholomew

I was thinking about that yesterday - if the hurricanes had impacted production. I guess it's kind of like a futures markets, where they have to even out the market depending on resources produced. Like, the stockpiles currently aging are plenty, but there will be a sudden decrease in stock once the 2018 harvest is ready for consumption.

10P&C and SP take pages from each other Empty Re: P&C and SP take pages from each other Sat Jul 06, 2019 2:43 pm

10Furlongs

10Furlongs

Ronv69 wrote:When was the last time gold bars were 25% off?

Plenty of times:

https://www.apmex.com/spotprices/gold-price

Just not right now. Wink

11P&C and SP take pages from each other Empty Re: P&C and SP take pages from each other Sat Jul 06, 2019 2:59 pm

Ronv69

Ronv69

The planters that were wiped out by the hurricane aren't planting tobacco anymore, but hemp. They're still mining gold, but the world governments doing everything they can to discourage the growing of tobacco. You can look back at past prices of tobacco the same way as $35 gold.
There's no 2018 harvest.

12P&C and SP take pages from each other Empty Re: P&C and SP take pages from each other Sat Jul 06, 2019 3:22 pm

Cramptholomew

Cramptholomew

:-(

13P&C and SP take pages from each other Empty Re: P&C and SP take pages from each other Sat Jul 06, 2019 3:26 pm

Ronv69

Ronv69

Sorry, that was harsh, wasn't it? But it's mostly true.

14P&C and SP take pages from each other Empty Re: P&C and SP take pages from each other Sat Jul 06, 2019 3:40 pm

Cramptholomew

Cramptholomew

People ruin everything. I'm having a bad day, and a looming tobacco crisis is making me mad!

15P&C and SP take pages from each other Empty Re: P&C and SP take pages from each other Sat Jul 06, 2019 4:07 pm

Ronv69

Ronv69

Sorry again. Check with Charlie, he's on top of the situation. On the bright side, we all have a ton of tobacco don't we? And people can use beautiful custom pipe for smoking all kinds of things. 😁🤠

16P&C and SP take pages from each other Empty Re: P&C and SP take pages from each other Sat Jul 06, 2019 4:17 pm

Cramptholomew

Cramptholomew

Haha. True. I need MORE TOBACCO. I can supply pipes for the duration.

17P&C and SP take pages from each other Empty Re: P&C and SP take pages from each other Sat Jul 06, 2019 6:12 pm

Dramatwist

Dramatwist

Cramptholomew wrote::-(

(...whoops, wrong quote...)

18P&C and SP take pages from each other Empty Re: P&C and SP take pages from each other Sat Jul 06, 2019 6:14 pm

Dramatwist

Dramatwist

Ronv69 wrote:Sorry, that was harsh, wasn't it? But it's mostly true.

...not harsh, just the straight-up story... no reason to candy-coat it...

19P&C and SP take pages from each other Empty Re: P&C and SP take pages from each other Sat Jul 06, 2019 6:56 pm

10Furlongs

10Furlongs

Ronv69 wrote:The planters that were wiped out by the hurricane aren't planting tobacco anymore, but hemp.

Kentucky farmers were not wiped out by hurricanes; however, it's true as a general statement hemp is gradually replacing tobacco here as a legal cash crop:

https://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-kentucky-hemp-farmers-20190212-story.html

Legal or not, green leaf still rules in the mountains. It always has since the demise of the tobacco price support system and maybe even before.

Without the government price support system, tobacco would have crashed long before it did as a profitable cash crop - I know.

20P&C and SP take pages from each other Empty Re: P&C and SP take pages from each other Sat Jul 06, 2019 6:59 pm

Ronv69

Ronv69

Yep, one of so many things that suck a$$ these days. I try to remember that more people all over the world are living in comfort and security now than every before in history despite what the news tells us. I hope it lasts and continues to improve.

21P&C and SP take pages from each other Empty Re: P&C and SP take pages from each other Sat Jul 06, 2019 7:13 pm

Ronv69

Ronv69

On the news a couple of days ago was a story about an asteroid made of silver, gold, platinum and palladium that if recovered would be worth one trillion dollars for every person on earth.

22P&C and SP take pages from each other Empty Re: P&C and SP take pages from each other Sat Jul 06, 2019 10:52 pm

10Furlongs

10Furlongs

Ronv69 wrote:I try to remember that more people all over the world are living in comfort and security now than every before in history.

Pretty incredible alternative reality plain you live on Ron. Must be some kind of Texas thing? Good luck with that. Hasta.

23P&C and SP take pages from each other Empty Re: P&C and SP take pages from each other Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:01 pm

Roadsdiverged

Roadsdiverged

We were talking about that asteroid at work the other day. I crushed my bosses dreams of being filthy rich when I reminded him that if everyone had it, it wouldnt be worth anything. An abundance in precious metals would make it not so precious. Who would you sell it to?

24P&C and SP take pages from each other Empty Re: P&C and SP take pages from each other Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:27 pm

PhantomWolf

PhantomWolf

Ronv69 wrote:On the news a couple of days ago was a story about an asteroid made of silver, gold, platinum and palladium that if recovered would be worth one trillion dollars for every person on earth.

I say let it crash to earth.  I'll take my chances. haha

25P&C and SP take pages from each other Empty Re: P&C and SP take pages from each other Mon Jul 08, 2019 6:27 pm

ColonelBusch

ColonelBusch
Admin

Roadsdiverged wrote:We were talking about that asteroid at work the other day. I crushed my bosses dreams of being filthy rich when I reminded him that if everyone had it, it wouldnt be worth anything. An abundance in precious metals would make it not so precious. Who would you sell it to?
Reticulanss! Smoking precious metals is a big thing there.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum