The League of Pipers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The League of Pipers

All about Pipes, Tobacco, Places to buy

You are not connected. Please login or register

Cornell and Diehl Sansepolcro Small Batch in stock at Tobaccopipes

+4
Dramatwist
JimInks
Cramptholomew
10Furlongs
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

10Furlongs

10Furlongs

This one isn't for me but it is a limited release and the price is pretty reasonable. It's at Tobaccopipes.

New members cannot post a link for seven days and this won't be around that long.

Cramptholomew

Cramptholomew

I got 2 tins the other day. I've never had it. I'm wary, cuz it's Cornell and Diehl, and they've been very hit-or-miss for.me. I figure I'll open one now, and.put the other away.

JimInks

JimInks

I got to review it before the first release, and have one tin I am aging to see what happens.

Dramatwist

Dramatwist

...not my cup of tea, but have at it kids...

Cramptholomew

Cramptholomew

Is it harsh? It sounds pretty hairy. Impulse buying... I tell ya, C&D has got some good marketing. "Small Batch", and "Cellar Series". I think most of their stuff is cellar series. I only bought this one, because I like trying everything. That said, I don't have high hopes.

10Furlongs

10Furlongs

Most C&D offerings have a bit of an edge on them in general to my palate. I wouldn't say this one is harsh but it leans towards the cigar side which isn't my thing. I have 10 tins of the small batch Carolina Red Flake cellared. It has a real nice flavor but I'm hoping it settles down a little bit with time.

Cramptholomew

Cramptholomew

This is good stuff. It's certainly stout. I call blends like these "dry", since there's little sweetness, but bold flavor. Like Brut champagne. It really comes out about 1/4 of the way in. It settles in to a nice strong smoke with no bite. At first I was expecting it to give me hiccups, but it never happened. I have a tin to cellar. I might buy more, if I can find it.

Chico

Chico

I SO wanted to like the Sav 40th blend, which is also made by C&D and has Sansepolcro. But I found it harsh and rough, like most C&D blends. Not sure if I should try aging it, or just trade it away.

Cramptholomew

Cramptholomew

Chico wrote:I SO wanted to like the Sav 40th blend, which is also made by C&D and has Sansepolcro.  But I found it harsh and rough, like most C&D blends.  Not sure if I should try aging it, or just trade it away.
I have some of that too, and I completely forgot that I did. I haven't opened it. I'm just gonna let it sit until I remember it.

Chico

Chico

Cramptholomew wrote:
Chico wrote:I SO wanted to like the Sav 40th blend, which is also made by C&D and has Sansepolcro.  But I found it harsh and rough, like most C&D blends.  Not sure if I should try aging it, or just trade it away.
I have some of that too, and I completely forgot that I did. I haven't opened it. I'm just gonna let it sit until I remember it.

Probably a wise decision. Jim liked it a lot, I think, and it really sounded unusual and interesting.

10Furlongs

10Furlongs

headrott

headrott

This is one of my favorite C&D blends. I have about 12 tins in my cellar, both the first release and the newer one.

People should at least try this blend.

PhantomWolf

PhantomWolf

Cramptholomew wrote:I got 2 tins the other day. I've never had it. I'm wary, cuz it's Cornell and Diehl, and they've been very hit-or-miss for.me. I figure I'll open one now, and.put the other away.

I'm betting you'll love it.  It's a great smoke.  I'll trade ya later if you do end up  hating it.

PhantomWolf

PhantomWolf

10Furlongs wrote:This one isn't for me but it is a limited release and the price is pretty reasonable. It's at Tobaccopipes.

New members cannot post a link for seven days and this won't be around that long.

Thank you for the heads-up.  I was really lamenting only having the one tin.

Roadsdiverged

Roadsdiverged

I always pick up tins in 3s. The plan is 1 for now, 1 for later and 1 for WAY later. So far that hasn't worked out. I just have tins in sets of 3s for whenever I get around to them. However, I do regret not picking up more Carolina Red Flake.

I haven't got around to popping the Sansepolcro yet. It will probably be years old by the time I do. The same goes for most of my tins.

PhantomWolf

PhantomWolf

PhantomWolf wrote:
10Furlongs wrote:This one isn't for me but it is a limited release and the price is pretty reasonable. It's at Tobaccopipes.

Thank you for the heads-up.  I was really lamenting only having the one tin.

I usually only buy more than one when something seems tough to get or I am certain to like it.  Mainly because I have only been smoking a few years now and there are just SO MANY blends I gotta try! haha

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum