The League of Pipers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The League of Pipers

All about Pipes, Tobacco, Places to buy

You are not connected. Please login or register

DFK With Perique Blends.

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1DFK With Perique Blends. Empty DFK With Perique Blends. Tue Aug 20, 2019 1:22 pm

JimInks

JimInks

There are several blends on the market that employ both perique and dark fired. I find more often than not, that DFK, even in a small amount, can over take the perique. At times, I have wondered if that is intentional in order to use less perique. Anybody here prefer DFK and perique in the same blend to just perique?

2DFK With Perique Blends. Empty Re: DFK With Perique Blends. Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:32 pm

Cramptholomew

Cramptholomew

I prefer Perique alone, or with some orientals. If there's a hint of DFK, it's OK, otherwise it does take over. Like the Penny Farthing last night, you definitely know DFK is there, and the Perique does get a little lost. I still like blends with DFK and Perique, if that's what I have my tasters up for, but a straight VaPer is better, IMO.

3DFK With Perique Blends. Empty Re: DFK With Perique Blends. Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:27 pm

Roadsdiverged

Roadsdiverged

Old post but just got around to it.

I like my blend of DFK, perique and Matured Red Va. I havent had one by a real blender that impressed me. The DFK always comes in too strong.

4DFK With Perique Blends. Empty Re: DFK With Perique Blends. Mon Dec 02, 2019 8:19 pm

Walkman

Walkman

Mixing perique with DFK seems like a waste of perique to me. It should be saved for VaPers and BurPers, IMHO.

"Lot of perique in it! Hmm. Too strong for me, maybe." - Lt. McGregor (Name that movie. Very Happy )

5DFK With Perique Blends. Empty Re: DFK With Perique Blends. Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:56 pm

JimInks

JimInks

I tend to agree with the last two posts.

6DFK With Perique Blends. Empty Re: DFK With Perique Blends. Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:17 pm

Walkman

Walkman

Roadsdiverged wrote:I like my blend of DFK, perique and Matured Red Va. I havent had one by a real blender that impressed me. The DFK always comes in too strong.

I liked your blend too, Josh. The DFK didn't overwhelm the VA and perique.

7DFK With Perique Blends. Empty Re: DFK With Perique Blends. Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:29 am

Roadsdiverged

Roadsdiverged

I was surprised it came out right on the 2nd attempt. The first one was close to what I was looking for, but not quite there yet.

I have my whole cellar sitting out, taking inventory. If anyone wants more, let me know and I'll pull extra out. It should be from 6 months to a year old now. I'm also pulling the stuff to make a few more pounds of it, and starting a new creation.

8DFK With Perique Blends. Empty Re: DFK With Perique Blends. Thu Dec 05, 2019 4:04 pm

Scott W.

Scott W.

Roadsdiverged wrote:Old post but just got around to it.

I like my blend of DFK, perique and Matured Red Va. I havent had one by a real blender that impressed me. The DFK always comes in too strong.

Josh’s blend is truly one of my favorites. I could smoke it every day.

9DFK With Perique Blends. Empty Re: DFK With Perique Blends. Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:45 pm

Roadsdiverged

Roadsdiverged

I'll keep a jar out for you Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum