The League of Pipers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The League of Pipers

All about Pipes, Tobacco, Places to buy

You are not connected. Please login or register

Jim and John's New Wilke Blends.

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Jim and John's New Wilke Blends. Empty Jim and John's New Wilke Blends. Thu Apr 01, 2021 2:43 am

JimInks

JimInks

I gave John Brandt two ideas for new Wilke blends, and we worked together to create them. Here's my reviews of the two blends.

Peanut Butter:
The star attraction is the deeply rich, mildly creamy peanut butter topping. The nutty, earthy, woody, toasty white burley has a very mild effect. The noticeable aspects of the Virginia and burley cavendish are light floral, nutty, earthy, woody, honey accents. The Virginia faintly offers grass, tart and tangy citrus, grass, bread, and sugar. The strength is a couple of steps past the center of mild to medium. The taste is just short of the medium threshold. The nic-hit is a notch past the mild mark. Won’t bite or get harsh. Has a few very light rough notes. The blend is a little moist, but I saw no need to dry it. Burns cool and clean at a slightly slow pace with a very consistent sweetness that extends to the pleasantly lingering after taste. Leaves little moisture in the bowl. Requires a couple more than an average number of relights. Has an attractive room note. Can be an all day smoke. Four stars.

Peanut Butter and Chocolate:
The very rich peanut butter topping is a little more obvious than the subtly deep, creamy chocolate. They are the stars of this blend as they synergistically meld with the tobaccos without totally drowning them out. There are some nuts, earth, wood, very light molasses and spice from the Maryland burley along with a touch of tart and tangy citrus, honey, bread, sugar, floralness, and grass from the Virginia. The Virginia is a condiment. The strength is a couple of steps past the mild mark. The taste is in the center of mild to medium. The nic-hit is very light. There’s no chance of bite or harshness, and only has a small hint of a rough edge. Burns cool and clean at a moderate pace with a very consistent, rather smooth peanut butter chocolate flavor that extends to the lightly lingering pleasant after taste, and appealing room note. Barely leaves any dampness in the bowl. Requires an average number of relights. It’s a easy going all day smoke that won’t wear out its welcome during your smoking day.

Admin, TH8888 and Yohanan like this post

2Jim and John's New Wilke Blends. Empty Re: Jim and John's New Wilke Blends. Sat Apr 03, 2021 5:06 pm

Admin

Admin
Admin

JimInks wrote:I gave John Brandt two ideas for new Wilke blends, and we worked together to create them. Here's my reviews of the two blends.

Peanut Butter:
The star attraction is the deeply rich, mildly creamy peanut butter topping. The nutty, earthy, woody, toasty white burley has a very mild effect. The noticeable aspects of the Virginia and burley cavendish are light floral, nutty, earthy, woody, honey accents. The Virginia faintly offers grass, tart and tangy citrus, grass, bread, and sugar. The strength is a couple of steps past the center of mild to medium. The taste is just short of the medium threshold. The nic-hit is a notch past the mild mark. Won’t bite or get harsh. Has a few very light rough notes. The blend is a little moist, but I saw no need to dry it. Burns cool and clean at a slightly slow pace with a very consistent sweetness that extends to the pleasantly lingering after taste. Leaves little moisture in the bowl. Requires a couple more than an average number of relights. Has an attractive room note. Can be an all day smoke. Four stars.

Peanut Butter and Chocolate:
The very rich peanut butter topping is a little more obvious than the subtly deep, creamy chocolate. They are the stars of this blend as they synergistically meld with the tobaccos without totally drowning them out. There are some nuts, earth, wood, very light molasses and spice from the Maryland burley along with a touch of tart and tangy citrus, honey, bread, sugar, floralness, and grass from the Virginia. The Virginia is a condiment. The strength is a couple of steps past the mild mark. The taste is in the center of mild to medium. The nic-hit is very light. There’s no chance of bite or harshness, and only has a small hint of a rough edge. Burns cool and clean at a moderate pace with a very consistent, rather smooth peanut butter chocolate flavor that extends to the lightly lingering pleasant after taste, and appealing room note. Barely leaves any dampness in the bowl. Requires an average number of relights. It’s a easy going all day smoke that won’t wear out its welcome during your smoking day.

Thanks, Jim.
I will be in a buying mode soon

Yohanan likes this post

https://thepipeleague.forumotion.com

3Jim and John's New Wilke Blends. Empty Re: Jim and John's New Wilke Blends. Sat Apr 03, 2021 9:31 pm

Yohanan

Yohanan

I bought some, Thanks for the enabling.

Admin likes this post

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum