The League of Pipers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The League of Pipers

All about Pipes, Tobacco, Places to buy

You are not connected. Please login or register

Jim's 46th Pipe Smoking Anniversary.

+2
ColonelBusch
JimInks
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Jim's 46th Pipe Smoking Anniversary. Empty Jim's 46th Pipe Smoking Anniversary. Sat Jun 20, 2020 2:51 pm

JimInks

JimInks

The time was 1:30 in the afternoon in 1974. Here's my answer: My buddy Steve Parsons, who started me on pipe smoking, had a small still which was brewing his alcohol, and we were checking it about that time. The reason I remember the day is obvious. The reason I know the exact time is because I'm an infamous clock watcher, and when I lit up for the first time, I looked at my watch as I often do, and in this case, to record the moment so I could bitch Steve out if I hated it, which I obviously didn't. Btw, the tobacco he handed me was Borkum Riff Bourbon Whiskey, which was half decent in those days if you puffed slowly.

Steve wanted me to try the batch, and I said, "You are out of your freakin' mind, buddy. You made it, you try it." He wouldn't. He fed a sample to a mouse, and the mouse died. That ended the experiment. But, I was forever hooked on pipe smoking, and Steve, of course, quit after high school.

Even though I'm averaging 14-16 bowls a day the last few years, I figure 12 a day is a fair average for all the years. So doing some math, I've smoked 201,624 bowls of pipe tobacco which is about 1334 pounds. If you count the thousands of cigars I've smoked, I've probably smoked nearly a ton of tobacco since I started.

Cramptholomew, McWiggins, Ronv69, Walkman and Don like this post

2Jim's 46th Pipe Smoking Anniversary. Empty Re: Jim's 46th Pipe Smoking Anniversary. Sat Jun 20, 2020 6:28 pm

ColonelBusch

ColonelBusch
Admin

Amazing. And I was going to crow about 35th anniv w Xuan on the morrow

Cramptholomew, McWiggins, Ronv69 and Walkman like this post

3Jim's 46th Pipe Smoking Anniversary. Empty Re: Jim's 46th Pipe Smoking Anniversary. Sat Jun 20, 2020 7:48 pm

Yohanan

Yohanan

Jim's 46th Pipe Smoking Anniversary. Giphy

Cramptholomew, Ronv69 and Walkman like this post

4Jim's 46th Pipe Smoking Anniversary. Empty Re: Jim's 46th Pipe Smoking Anniversary. Tue Jun 23, 2020 5:41 am

Walkman

Walkman

Congratulations to you both on your anniversaries! cheers

Ronv69 likes this post

5Jim's 46th Pipe Smoking Anniversary. Empty Re: Jim's 46th Pipe Smoking Anniversary. Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:49 am

Don

Don

I missed this post somehow. Happy anniversary guys! Jim, I am about six years behind you on my first pipe.

Ronv69 likes this post

6Jim's 46th Pipe Smoking Anniversary. Empty Re: Jim's 46th Pipe Smoking Anniversary. Wed Jul 15, 2020 9:39 am

Ronv69

Ronv69

Congratulations to all! Jim is a medical miracle. 🤠

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum