The League of Pipers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The League of Pipers

All about Pipes, Tobacco, Places to buy

You are not connected. Please login or register

This Week's Mail Bombs.

+10
Roadsdiverged
PhantomWolf
10Furlongs
Cramptholomew
McWiggins
Chico
Baboo
ColonelBusch
Dramatwist
JimInks
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 7]

76This Week's Mail Bombs. - Page 4 Empty Re: This Week's Mail Bombs. Tue Oct 15, 2019 1:49 pm

Roadsdiverged

Roadsdiverged

That blood virginia caught my eye when I got the email the other day. I'm looking forward to your thoughts on it.

77This Week's Mail Bombs. - Page 4 Empty Re: This Week's Mail Bombs. Tue Oct 15, 2019 6:21 pm

JimInks

JimInks

Roadsdiverged wrote:That blood virginia caught my eye when I got the email the other day. I'm looking forward to your thoughts on it.

I enjoyed the first bowl, but will have to spend a little time with it before I can say much else. I picked on of my best pipes for this one.

78This Week's Mail Bombs. - Page 4 Empty Re: This Week's Mail Bombs. Mon Oct 21, 2019 5:59 pm

Walkman

Walkman

I ordered the following:
- GH Brown Bogey, 8 oz;
- Denicool Pipe Crystals.

79This Week's Mail Bombs. - Page 4 Empty Re: This Week's Mail Bombs. Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:08 pm

JimInks

JimInks

Traded tobacco for a Micoli pipe, which I got today. Also, a friend gifted me four tins of C&D Red Flake, one from the second and third year, and two from the latest batch. He said I needed to try the other years. Also got a healthy sample of C&D Warped: The Haunting.

80This Week's Mail Bombs. - Page 4 Empty Re: This Week's Mail Bombs. Thu Oct 24, 2019 1:34 pm

JimInks

JimInks

Ken Byron's Hellstar Plague Bringer, Hellstar The Dread Planet, and Old Dark Fired off cuts.

A 2019 straight smooth brown Merchant Service “Bing” with a nickel band and black vulcanite tapered stem. It was a gift from the company.

81This Week's Mail Bombs. - Page 4 Empty Re: This Week's Mail Bombs. Thu Oct 24, 2019 6:25 pm

JimInks

JimInks

Roadsdiverged wrote:That blood virginia caught my eye when I got the email the other day. I'm looking forward to your thoughts on it.

If you haven't seen my review, here tis:

The grassy, citrusy, lightly lemony Virginia also has some earth, wood and a hint of dark fruit as the lead component. The mildly spicy, raisiny, plumy perique is a supporting player. The moderately applied, lightly tangy blood red orange topping synergistically works with the tobaccos to create a harmonious, mildly complex experience, and doesn’t sublimate the varietals very much. The strength is a couple of steps past the center of mild to medium, and the taste level is a step closer to medium. The nic-hit is in the center of mild to medium. No chance of bite, harshness or rough edges. Burns cool and clean at a reasonable pace with a very consistent sweet and spicy, rather smooth flavor from start to finish. Leaves little moisture in the bowl, and require an average number of relights. Has a short lived, pleasant after taste and room note. A comfortable all day smoke.

82This Week's Mail Bombs. - Page 4 Empty Re: This Week's Mail Bombs. Fri Oct 25, 2019 10:22 pm

Walkman

Walkman

JimInks wrote:Recently, I got a couple of extra art jobs from Archie, so I used some of the loot to buy the following:

1,500 grams of HU Director's Cut

One 100 grams tin of HU 5th Anniversary ...

Do you have to send to Germany for the HU blends, Jim, or is there someone in the states that stocks it?

83This Week's Mail Bombs. - Page 4 Empty Re: This Week's Mail Bombs. Sat Oct 26, 2019 10:27 am

JimInks

JimInks

Walkman wrote:
JimInks wrote:Recently, I got a couple of extra art jobs from Archie, so I used some of the loot to buy the following:

1,500 grams of HU Director's Cut

One 100 grams tin of HU 5th Anniversary ...

Do you have to send to Germany for the HU blends, Jim, or is there someone in the states that stocks it?

You have to order from Germany. Estervals is the best place. If you have an account they have big sales, from 20%-50% of a ton of stuff.

When you open an account, you have to wait 24 hours before the discounts will show.

84This Week's Mail Bombs. - Page 4 Empty Re: This Week's Mail Bombs. Sat Oct 26, 2019 10:28 am

JimInks

JimInks

Got these Wilke blends for review: Ebony, Balkan, and Black Cavendish, which is unsweetened and meant for blending.

85This Week's Mail Bombs. - Page 4 Empty Re: This Week's Mail Bombs. Sat Oct 26, 2019 10:56 pm

Walkman

Walkman

My TAD flared up again. Wink

I ordered:  
Daughters & Ryan Three Sails, 3.5 oz;
Orlik Dark Strong Kentucky, 1.76 oz x 4;
Peter Stokkebye Sweet Vanilla, 2 oz; and
Peterson Irish Whiskey, 1 lb.

Also ordered:
Medico Filters, and
Zippo Flints.

86This Week's Mail Bombs. - Page 4 Empty Re: This Week's Mail Bombs. Fri Nov 01, 2019 8:05 pm

Walkman

Walkman

TAD strikes again.

- Samuel Gawith 1792 Flake, 50g x 4
- Peterson Irish Flake, 50g
- Long's Pipe Cleaners

87This Week's Mail Bombs. - Page 4 Empty Re: This Week's Mail Bombs. Sun Nov 03, 2019 5:09 pm

Baboo

Baboo

(4)oz Watch City's "Rouxgaroux"

88This Week's Mail Bombs. - Page 4 Empty Re: This Week's Mail Bombs. Mon Nov 04, 2019 2:31 pm

Roadsdiverged

Roadsdiverged

Well I made an order with TP for some GL Pease blends since they were on sale. After it was paid for they realized they only had 1 tin of Embarcadero. So they emailed me and asked if I wanted a replacement or a refund. I told em they could just replace it with any GL Pease and it would be fine with me. Well they did, they sent a tin of Caravan in its place and changed my 2 ounce tin of Stratford to an 8 oz tin. I love TP.

89This Week's Mail Bombs. - Page 4 Empty Re: This Week's Mail Bombs. Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:36 pm

JimInks

JimInks

My latest haul: samples of Ogden's Tam O'Shanter Flake Tobacco, old Condor Plug, McCranie's Red Ribbon 1983, Hearth and Home IPSD 2011, Rattray Westminster Abbey, Robert McConnell Red Virginia, 1950s Rum & Maple, 1950s Troost Aromatic, 1970s Brindley's Mixture, 1950s Edgeworth Ready Rubbed, 1960s Edgeworth Ready Rubbed, C&D Sunset Harbor Flake, year 2003 McClelland Christmas Cheer, 1983 State Express London Mixture, and McClelland Classic Samsun.

Also, samples of Ken Byron Ventures blends: Bas Matica, Burley Morning Pipe, Dark Fired Cherry Kake (WCPS Exclusive), Fat Old Sun, Pork Corps & Apple Sauce (las Vegas Limited), Red Forest Phenomenon, Right Meow, Smooth Criminal, Spaghetti Western 2 The English Villian, Uzumaki, Verge Engine Overdrive, and Zombie English.

Plus two tins of Orlik Dark Strong Kentucky, one bag of Smoker's Pride Rich Taste, one pound of Walnut Match, and a two pounds of Match Victoria.

And a Peterson 1905 replica of the N.A.P. pipe with a rarely seen N.A.P. bit. The 4AB Cumberland stem was created by Silver Gray.

90This Week's Mail Bombs. - Page 4 Empty Re: This Week's Mail Bombs. Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:44 pm

Baboo

Baboo

^^^Holy shiiiit!!!

91This Week's Mail Bombs. - Page 4 Empty Re: This Week's Mail Bombs. Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:54 pm

Walkman

Walkman

I ordered:
Peterson Irish Flake, 50g x 5
STCP War Horse Bar, 50g x 6

92This Week's Mail Bombs. - Page 4 Empty Re: This Week's Mail Bombs. Mon Nov 04, 2019 8:41 pm

Cramptholomew

Cramptholomew

Geez, Jim! I need to get some of the Ken Byron stuff. My friend Neal said he got the Spaghetti Western, and that it's just sensational. He said it's like Frog Cellar, but way better. I REALLY want to try his "Burnt Ends", but who knows when he'll stock that.

4oz. Watch City Deluxe Crumb Cut

93This Week's Mail Bombs. - Page 4 Empty Re: This Week's Mail Bombs. Tue Nov 05, 2019 6:05 pm

Roadsdiverged

Roadsdiverged

3 Tins Eso Dunbar.

I was done buying tobacco for a bit, but I couldnt pass this one up. It's back to "trophy hunting" tins for me for a while. My bulk selection is good for a long long time.

94This Week's Mail Bombs. - Page 4 Empty Re: This Week's Mail Bombs. Wed Nov 06, 2019 7:26 pm

JimInks

JimInks

In today's mail: two pounds of Rouxgaroux, a tin of Germain's Medium Flake, a tin of C&D Carolina Red Flake, and a tin of Penzance.

95This Week's Mail Bombs. - Page 4 Empty Re: This Week's Mail Bombs. Thu Nov 07, 2019 7:19 am

Dramatwist

Dramatwist

...when I die, I'm going to haunt @JimInks' cellar...

96This Week's Mail Bombs. - Page 4 Empty Re: This Week's Mail Bombs. Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:18 am

Roadsdiverged

Roadsdiverged

Be careful, you might get smoked and reviewed!

97This Week's Mail Bombs. - Page 4 Empty Re: This Week's Mail Bombs. Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:22 am

Dramatwist

Dramatwist

Roadsdiverged wrote:Be careful, you might get smoked and reviewed!

...wouldn't be the first time, lol...

98This Week's Mail Bombs. - Page 4 Empty Re: This Week's Mail Bombs. Thu Nov 07, 2019 1:36 pm

JimInks

JimInks

Roadsdiverged wrote:Be careful, you might get smoked and reviewed!

Now, THAT is funny!

99This Week's Mail Bombs. - Page 4 Empty Re: This Week's Mail Bombs. Sun Nov 17, 2019 1:14 pm

ColonelBusch

ColonelBusch
Admin

Figgy Pudding on the way. Only 6 oz as Country Squire has no bulk price.First purchase in a while

100This Week's Mail Bombs. - Page 4 Empty Re: This Week's Mail Bombs. Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:16 am

JimInks

JimInks

A friend gifted me: a tin of C&D Visions of Celephais, Brigadier Black Sherman’s March, and Brigadier Black Antietam.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum