The League of Pipers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The League of Pipers

All about Pipes, Tobacco, Places to buy

You are not connected. Please login or register

Whatcha Smoking, Folks? - November 2020.

+4
Yohanan
wolfman
JimInks
Sid.Stavros
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 7]

1Whatcha Smoking, Folks? - November 2020. Empty Whatcha Smoking, Folks? - November 2020. Sun Nov 01, 2020 1:45 am

JimInks

JimInks

Thought I try a new title for the thread since others have.

Did some snacking, and am part way through this bowl of Watch City Deluxe Crumb Cut in a 2016 Peretti's M.T. Natural made in Holland straight smooth brown Algerian briar billiard with a black acrylic tapered stem. Community Coffee is brewing.

Cramptholomew and Yohanan like this post

JimInks

JimInks

Enjoyed a tasty golden delicious apple, and am a quarter of the way through this bowl of Wilke No. 172 in a 1980 smooth medium brown Lorenzo Ambra 803 Hungarian with a pearl colored acrylic saddle stem. This will finish my smoking day.

Cramptholomew

Cramptholomew

KBV Robo Burlesque in a bent Dublin shop pipe.

Yohanan likes this post

JimInks

JimInks

Almost half way through this bowl of circa year 2000 Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 1982 black sandblasted paneled slight bend Savinelli flat bottom sitter with a black vulcanite saddle stem.

Sid.Stavros

Sid.Stavros

Greetings from Athens-Greece.

Whatcha Smoking, Folks? - November 2020. AKspYgN

Borkum Riff Vanilla Cavendish.

http://pipe-smoke.blogspot.gr/

Cramptholomew

Cramptholomew

Amphora Burley in a Brebbia Royal Ascot pot.

Yohanan likes this post

Cramptholomew

Cramptholomew

Five Brosefs.

Yohanan likes this post

JimInks

JimInks

Had a fun Zoom chat, and here's what I smoked:

KBV Aromatic Beta Blend in a 1980s White Pipe straight, smooth octagonal paneled billiard meerschaum with an acrylic yellow cream colored saddle stem.

Watch City Rhythm & Blues in an undated straight smooth brown Crosby Saint Andrews made in England “ Merchant Service-like Bing”  with a silverish band and a tapered black vulcanite stem made by George Dibos.

Rattray’s Old Gowrie in an undated straight, smooth light brown unbranded short shank Bing-ish lumberman with a long, tapered black vulcanite stem.

And I've about a third of a bowl left of SWRA in a straight black sandblast undated Savinelli Hercules 115EX pot with a tapered black vulcanite stem.

ColonelBusch, Cramptholomew and Yohanan like this post

wolfman

wolfman

I like the title Jim.

My first pipe of the day (busy day) is Deluxe Crumb Cut in a sandblasted Urbino bent apple with an acrylic stem.

JimInks

JimInks

Just finished smoking Mac Baren Virginia Flake in a straight smooth patent era 1952 Dunhill Bruyere ODA apple 806 B124 with a black vulcanite tapered stem.

Cramptholomew

Cramptholomew

Squadron Leader in a sandblasted Bari apple.

Yohanan likes this post

JimInks

JimInks

Now smoking aged Bald Headed Teacher in a medium brown, smooth octagonal paneled bowl and shank, medium bend 2016 Tim West Book Keeper 6 with a black acrylic saddle stem. This may get me to a late dinner time. Ice water and bergs is my drink.

JimInks

JimInks

Relaxing after a wonderful salad, barramundi and sugar snap peas dinner with pineapple and cherries for dessert. Now smoking Wilke Chocolate in a 1979 no name French briar smooth full bend egg with a tapered black vulcanite stem. Community Coffee, neat, is my drink. Watching Nature on PBS.

Yohanan likes this post

JimInks

JimInks

Now smoking year 2012 Rolando’s Own in a smooth straight early ‘60s Lane era “William Conrad” Charatan Executive Extra Large stretch apple with diagonal channel cuts on the lower right and left of the bowl along with a black vulcanite double comfort saddle stem. This will finish the eight ounce tin. Then, the pipe will get a thorough cleaning before I move on to Director's Cut.

wolfman

wolfman

Earlier Amphora Burley . . .

Now smoking D&R Two Timer in a Savinelli Oscar prince with an acrylic stem.

JimInks

JimInks

Enjoyed a tasty golden delicious apple, and am almost a third of the way through my last smoke of the day: Prince Albert in a 2020 smooth light brown, slight bent J. Everett straight grain chubby author with a spalted birch ferrule and a black saddle vulcanite stem in the military mount style. Reading while this bowl lasts.

JimInks

JimInks

A quarter of the way through this bowl of circa year 2000 Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 1982 black sandblasted paneled slight bend Savinelli flat bottom sitter with a black vulcanite saddle stem. Couldn't sleep, so I thought I'd go to the studio, and do some art work.

JimInks

JimInks

Just finished smoking 1980s American Tobacco Co. Bourbon Blend in a 1975 medium bend sandblasted looking, smooth on the sides yellow Pioneer meer with a black vulcanite stem.

Today is the late Steve Ditko's birthday. For those who don't know, Steve was the co-creator of Spider-Man and Dr. Strange. He plotted and drew a very memorable run of Hulk stories in the 1960s, recreated Captain Atom and the Blue Beetle, too. He also created, co-wrote and drew Shade the Changing Man, Stalker, Speedball, Hawk and Dove, The Creeper, and my favorite, Mr. A. There's an big list of other features he drew, too. He was one of my favorite comic book creators, and I was fortunate to work with him a couple of times. A very reclusive man, I felt blessed to have known him, and spend some time with him. A great man... one of the most creative, brilliant, honest human beings I ever knew.

JimInks

JimInks

Now smoking Wilke No. 515 in a 1998 smooth straight Butz-Choquin Bistro 1501 pot with a black vulcanite saddle stem. Watching Mad Dog Russo. Ice water and bergs is my drink.

JimInks

JimInks

A quarter of the way through this bowl of Watch City Beta Test Blend in a medium bend 2001 Ural lattice Rhodesian with a yellow with white swirls acrylic saddle stem. Just got a bunch of tobacco and two Peterson pipes as a "hate mail" gift from a good friend. One of them is a sliver spigot!

JimInks

JimInks

Now smoking year 2018 Pfeifen Huber Epikur in an undated smooth reddish brown medium bend Peterson 03 Red Spray apple silver spigot with a tapered black acrylic fish tail stem. First time smoking this new-to-me previously unsmoked pipe.

JimInks

JimInks

A third of the way through this bowl of D&R Windsail in an undated straight black sandblasted Peterson Sherlock Holmes Series Baker Street with a sterling silver band and a tapered black vulcanite fish tail stem. I couldn't decide what to smoke in this new-to-me pipe, so I settled on Windsail for the moment. I may switch to an English, or should I keep it a straight Va. pipe? Decisions, decisions....

JimInks

JimInks

Relaxing after a wonderful salad, French cut pork chops and green beans dinner with a scoop of Triple Chocolate ice cream for dessert. I'm a quarter of the way through this bowl of Brebbia Latakia Flake No. 9 in a 1990s smooth Peterson Captain Pete XL80 bulldog with a black vulcanite stem and p-lip. Love the Syrian Latakia in this blend. Community Coffee, neat, is my drink.

Sid.Stavros

Sid.Stavros

WE ARE AT WAR
Today Tuesday 3/11/2020 is one of the darkest days in the history of pipe smoking in Greece. From today and for a month at least the Cafes will be closed for the public, which means you will be able to get a coffee but as ''take away" and not to sit and enjoy it with your pipe-pastry-komploi etc. The Politicians have decided that this is good for our health because of the coronavirus. According to them in Cafes, restaurants, theatres, cinemas (where customers take all the safety measures) they say there is a problem ... but in public transport, immigrant demonstrations, reality shows, etc. they say there is NO problem!
If these bureaucratic politicians think that they will defeat us, they are making a big mistake. We will fight them in the parks, in the squares, on the benches, on the terraces, on the balconies and even inside the tunnels. We will show patience, perseverance and self-confidence because our fight is fair, we are never going to give up our pipes!

Whatcha Smoking, Folks? - November 2020. 28686015da1edb3e8e7b6aa1214f52f809e54765

I am smoking E.Hoffman Company Distinguished Gentleman in a Vauen.

http://pipe-smoke.blogspot.gr/

Cramptholomew

Cramptholomew

1792 in a bent nosewarmer.

Yohanan likes this post

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 7]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum